- UCAR Home
- About Us
- For Staff
1. What Personal Information Does UCAR Collect? You can visit most UCAR Web sites and access most of our services without identifying who you are, or revealing personal information such as your name, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address, that can be used to identify you. However, some services may require registration. When you register with us, you may need to complete certain fields (some are required and some are optional), as well as choose a user name and password. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal information requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain services or parts of a specific Web site.
2. General Use Information. UCAR receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with the Web site. For example, UCAR maintains Web activity log files such as the number of pages requested, time spent on a page, and result sets from search queries. UCAR extracts and aggregates information from these log files to gauge and improve the effectiveness of the Web site and services. UCAR does not link this general use information to other personally identifiable information.
5. Signing Up For Services. In some instances, UCAR may request information through an enrollment process for a Web service, Web site analysis, survey, or event registration. To enroll or participate, you may voluntarily supply personal information. UCAR shall use the information, and may share the information with event planners, as described in the enrollment process or Section 3 of this Policy. Contact the Web site operator to correct any information you submit.
6. Security. UCAR maintains all personal data with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards intended to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper use. No computer system or information can be completely protected against every possible hazard, but UCAR provides reasonable and appropriate controls to protect personal information against foreseeable hazards.
7. Public Forums. UCAR maintains a number of public e-mail lists and forums for use by interested individuals. Some are open for subscription and use; others are moderated where a list or forum moderator may limit subscription and posting access. In each case, users can subscribe and unsubscribe from these areas at any time. Contact the Web site operator to correct any information you submit.
Please note that any information that you post to a public bulletin board or chat room is available to all persons accessing that site. Unsubscribing from a list or forum will not remove any name, e-mail address or information that was part of any previous posting from any archive of these lists or forums.
8. Legal Requirements. UCAR may disclose information in response to legal process, such as a court order or subpoena.
9. Children’s Guidelines. Students are advised to consult with their parents before giving any personal information online.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of UCAR, please contact the Office of General Counsel using the contact information below.
Please include your name, address, and e-mail address when you contact us.
c/o UCAR Office of General Counsel
3090 Center Green Drive
Boulder, CO 80301
By telephone: (303) 497-8874
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org