Guidelines for Classifieds | Submission Form Help | Guidelines for Announcements
The Classifieds section of Staff Notes Daily is the electronic equivalent of the bulletin boards in UCAR buildings where staff may post notices of items for sale or rent, want ads, and the like.
The Classifieds section is governed by and subject to UCAR Solicitation and Distribution of Materials Policy 3-4 and its related Procedures.
For staff only
The Classifieds section is to be used only by and for UCAR staff.
- Log in using your UCAS password to submit a post or view the Classifieds
- Do not post any third-party contact information within your Classified
Do not post photos or other supplementary information related to your classified on any UCAR website (including Google Drive or Sites). According to UCAR policy and NSF regulations, our website can only be used for professional activities. If you have digital or other images to accompany your classified posting, please include a note to that effect in the ad, such as, "Photos available on request." Interoffice mail and email may be used for limited amounts of personal communication and are an appropriate way to distribute this information. You may also refer to a private, non-UCAR website.
- Items/services for sale. You may post notices of personal items for sale as long as the items are second hand and not offered for profit. You may NOT post items for sale by or on behalf of educational, nonprofit, or charitable organizations. UCAR cannot use Staff Notes Daily or any other part of its website to promote commercial enterprises, except those sponsored by the Employee Activities Committee," HR, the Wellness Advisory Committee, etc.
- Tickets. You may use the Classifieds to sell tickets that you purchased for yourself but that you will not be able to use. You may not ask more than the face value of the ticket. You may also post notices of tickets for events, such as theatrical or musical productions, in which you are personally involved, either as a performer or organizer.
- Want ads. You may post notices of items wanted for sale or rent.
- Real estate and housing. You may use the Classifieds to sell or rent real estate owned by a UCAR employee and offered without a third party agent or broker. You may also advertise for roommates, subletters, house exchanges, and the like. Housing offered to or needed by UCAR visitors should be listed through the Housing Office.
- Community events in which staff members are involved may be posted as long as the events are not in support of political, commercial, or religious organizations or activities. Please describe your involvement in the activity as part of your post.
- Domestic services offered by yourself or a member of your immediate family, such as housesitting, babysitting, pet care, snow shovelling, or lawn care.
- Political solicitations: Political notices or solicitations are specifically prohibited under UCAR Policy 3-4.
- Religious solicitations: Religious notices or solicitations are specifically prohibited under UCAR Policy 3-4.
- Commercial products or business services, from any source. You may not post items for sale by or on behalf of educational, nonprofit, or charitable organizations.
- Firearms and other weapons: Firearms or weapons of any kind may not be advertised.
- Real estate sold or rented via a third party agent or broker. Only real estate sold or rented by a UCAR employee directly may be advertised in classifieds. Disclaimers
UCAR reserves the right to reject any submission to the Classifieds that may not comply with UCAR Policy 3-4 or any other UCAR policy.
UCAR strives to maintain an ethical and professional workplace. The content of any classified is not an endorsement or official statement by UCAR, nor does it reflect the views of UCAR.
The Classifieds are offered as a service for UCAR staff only and are protected with Gatekeeper authentication. Even so, we ask you to keep in mind that it is possible for people outside UCAR to gain access to classified ads. As with any transaction, whether dealing with people outside or inside UCAR, please be aware of the potential for dishonest practices on the part of people with whom you deal via these classified ads.
Classified ads may be posted at any time, up to one business day in advance of the intended email date, via the Web.
Questions or Assistance
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org