- UCAR Home
- About Us
- For Staff
SciGirls is an Emmy-award winning PBS KIDS television series and website dedicated to changing the way millions of girls think about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). UCAR staff are invited to participate in a hands-on, minds-on professional development workshop hosted by GLOBE. We welcome you to learn more about and practice research-based strategies for engaging girls in STEM while designing a parachute, lighting up a room with dough creatures, inventing a deep sea diver, and more
SciGirls workshop participants will:
• Learn about the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
• Experience hands-on STEM activities
• Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
• Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the SciGirls Seven
• Discover additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids.
Everyone benefits from a gender-equitable approach to STEM!
This event is open to anyone interested in science education. If you would like to attend, please register here: http://www.ngcproject.org/globe-scigirls-training