Instructions for Adding UCAR Payroll Holidays to Your Google Calendar
Follow these instructions to add UCAR Payroll Holidays to your Google Calendar and to any other Calendars you manage. There are two options for how to display a Holiday in your Calendar. You can select which one you prefer and can even use both if you want:
1. As a special configured all day “banner” at the top of the day.
2. As an “event” that goes from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm on the holiday.
I. First subscribe to the “UCAR Payroll Holidays” Calendar
1. In your Google Calendar, copy and paste (ctrl-C for Copy and ctrl-V for Paste) this Calendar address within the “Other calendars” search box:
firstname.lastname@example.org then click Enter or hit Return.
2. Once selected, the Holidays in the Calendar will show up as a different color.
II. Browse to the first instance of each Holiday and Copy to your desired calendar(s)
Each Holiday has two entries, one is the banner and one shows on the entire day. You can copy one or both of these to your Calendar(s) depending on your preference.
The Holiday entries are built as a series, repeating through 2019.
1. Click on the Holiday entry you want to put on your Calendar(s), making sure it is the UCAR Payroll Holiday version.
You can quick click on the Add to My Calendar Button and then Save. This will add that Holiday to your calendar. If you use this quick click method you will need to scroll to the next year to add the next instance of that holiday. If you want to add the series of that holiday through 2019, (e.g. President’s Day Holidays through 2019) to your calendar then follow these instructions:
2. At the top of the detail view is a “More Actions” dropdown.
3. Click that box and select “Copy to..” the destination Calendar that you want. This will make a copy of the Holiday entry that you now own.
4. You can change any of the details you want.
5. Be sure to check that the “Show me as: Busy” is checked.
6. Click “Save”.
You’ll now see the Holiday in your Calendar(s) through 2019. Continue to the next Holiday and repeat until you see all Holidays in your Calendar(s). You can perform these steps for each Google Calendar you manage.
Due to observed versus actual Holidays, 12/26/2016, 1/2/2017, and 11/29/2019 will need to be added separately.
Note: UCAR Payroll Holidays will continue to be posted on the Payroll web site within the Payroll Schedule https://www2.fin.ucar.edu/bf-group/payroll-schedules
These instructions and other UCAR Google User Support resources are available at the Google Apps Support Site.