This month's WAG meeting will feature a presentation by Nathan Wilhelmi on Agile development. While not new, Agile frameworks have come into the spotlight in recent years for yielding significant improvements over heavyweight process. The talk will describe the Agile process, describe the experience of using Scrum for software development, and describe benefits gained from the transition to Agile.
The meeting details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Feature presentation - 45 minutes:
- Agile development - Nathan Wilhelmi
- EOL weather module for NCAR/UCAR websites - 15 minutes:
- Is there interest in porting out EOL's weather module for use on other sites? - Janine Aquino
- Staff updates - 5 minutes.
- Reports from Working Groups - 20 minutes.
- Staff Directory II: update on progress being made on the API / consumer modules as well as discuss some changes to the development approach.
- WEG report - Welcome Nathan Wilhelmi, WEG Group Head
- WAG Call-out - COSMIC incorporates Atmos theme on non-Drupal site.
- Other business
- OrgNav update
- October 2013 agenda