This is a reminder for the next UDUG meeting to be held tomorrow. Due to high demand, we will be going over Drupal development workflow. Developers have asked for advice on how to use Drush, work locally, and then move that work to the dev/production servers. We will NOT be covering how to plan, design, develop and launch a Drupal site, rather we will look at how to set you your local Drupal instance, how to update your development server and then moving things to production. I would like to hear from other developers regarding their working environments, so please show up and share.
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Time: 10:00 - 11:30AM
THINGS TO PREPARE:
It would be nice if we have the basics installed on computers rather than spending a lot of time installing Drupal on computers. If you do not already have a local instance of Drupal running on your computer, please do the following:
1) Lap top computer with a local Drupal instance running. If this is new to you, please spend a little bit of time downloading and installing the "Acquia Dev Desktop" on your laptop. It can be downloaded here:
- Please do not get confused with "Acquia Drupal", you want "Acquia Dev Desktop".
- Get the Drupal 7 version. Download the dmg version if you are on a Mac, the exe version if you are on windows.
- Verify that it is working! Make sure that you can access your local site.
2) If you want to work on a copy of your production site download everything from your sites/default AND sites/all folders to you local instance EXCEPT the sites/default/settings.php file
- Mac: copy to:
- Windows: copy to
- C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Sites\acquia-drupal\sites\default
- C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Sites\acquia-drupal\sites\all
3) Install Drush
- Windows: Downloads and installation guide: http://drush.ws/drush_windows_installer
- Mac: See video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHWTOeOSgEA
4) Show up and play!