Subject: 2014 ESIP Summer Meeting Announcement - July 8-11, Frisco, CO
The Federation for Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP), of which our organization is a member, is having their 2014 Summer Meeting
in Frisco, CO at Copper Mountain. The theme of this meeting is "Linking It Together: Sustainable Software Advancing Science Data and Services" and will include a variety of activities supporting this theme for all levels of interest, including:
- Keynote plenaries on software sustainability from multiple perspectives (data center, science and entrepreneurial)
- Breakout sessions on software metrics, attribution of software and source code and building community around a software package
- Half-day training on Agile software development practices and a session on Agile in use around the ESIP Federation
- 2-daySoftware Carpentry bootcamp which will teach researchers basic lab skills for scientific computing: the tools and techniques that will help them get more done in less time, and with less pain. Covers Unix Shell, Python or R, Git and Github and SQL. Great for scientist wanting to beef up their technical skills!
- Additional opportunities to present your work in sessions proposed and at the poster session the evening of July 9
is open now. For our organization, the member early bird rate (through June 5th) is $400 for the week, $200 for a single day and $250 for just the Software Carpentry Bootcamp. We also have reserved a small block of rooms at Copper, $92/night for Fed and $120/night for non-Fed.
For all details see the webpage: http://esipfed.org/2014SummerMeeting
and if you have additional questions, feel free to email Erin Robinson, email@example.com