The next UCAR Asian Circle meeting will be Thursday, September 23, 2010
from 12:00pm - 1:30pm in FL0-2512.
There will be a panel discussion on: "Experiences and Perspectives of
Asian Early Career Scientists and Engineers at NCAR".
Panel members include Ling-Ling Dong, Mausumi Dikpati, Shu-Peng "Ben" Ho, Kyoko Ikeda,
and Mijeong Park.
In an informal setting, the panelists will introduce themselves by focusing on question 1 below. The conversation will continue with some of the other questions below, as well as questions from the audience.
- Your story: How did you get interested in science? How did you pursue that interest in formal and informal ways? How did you come to work at NCAR? What are your career goals at NCAR?
- Tips, Suggestions, and Questions: What strategies have you found useful in your own career? What would you share with someone new to NCAR? Are there situations or questions you would like to ask about? What would you like advice about?
- Positive Aspects of Diversity: How has your culture contributed to your success?
- Observations about NCAR: What have you noticed about NCAR culture - compared to other labs in the US and internationally? What are the most positive parts of NCAR or US culture?
- Future: How would you change NCAR to make it even better?
All UCAR/NCAR/UCP staff and visitors are welcome!